Surrey Mummy (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Surrey Mummy is the data controller for any personal data you submit to us.
Information we may collect from you and when we collect it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.surreymummy.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material on our forums or blogs or requesting further services. The information includes title, first name, last name, address email address and telephone number. We may also ask you for your name, email address and telephone number when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent un-authorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send you our newsletters before school holidays and at other selected times of the year.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged 25-40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in GU1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that you enter a competition run on our site and we need to notify the prize givers information about the winner so that they can send out or provide the prize.
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long we keep your information
We keep personal information for as long as necessary to ensure we can deliver our services. To determine the appropriate period, we consider all the circumstances, including the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which we process it. At the end of the retention period, we will either delete the information completely or anonymise it, for example, by aggregating it to use in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis.
You have the right to access your personal information and if you wish to do so, you should contact us on
You have the right to ask us not to process, or to amend how we process, your personal data and you can exercise your right to prevent and amend such processing by contacting us at
You also have the right to request correction of the personal data we hold if you feel it is incomplete or inaccurate, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide. If you wish to make corrections, please contact us at
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting
If you opt-in to receive direct marketing from us, including our newsletter, you can unsubscribe in that communication or write to us at
Copyright © 2010-11 SurreyMummy. The entire content of SurreyMummy.com (including but not limited to design, content, layout, look, appearance, domain name and logo) remains the property of Surrey Mummy and is thus protected by copyright with all rights reserved.
Surrey Mummy® is a registered trademark.